Tilicho Lake – Semi Annapurna Circuit Trekking
‘explore beautiful area of Manang valley and beyond to magnificent Tilicho Lake’
Trek at Glance:
- Mode of accommodation: Hotels in Kathmandu-Pokhara with local nice lodge on treks.
- Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Area of Trekking: North Mid-West around Annapurna Himalaya
- Highest elevation gain: At high Thorang La Pass above 5,416 m
- Daily Walks: Minimum 4 hrs. to maximum of 6 hrs.
- Trekking duration: 14 Nights and 15 Days (with drive and flight from Jomson to Pokhara)
- Total Trip: 18 Nights and 19 Days (arrival to final departure)
Tilicho Lake and Semi Circuit Trekking takes you around beautiful areas of high Manang valley beyond Annapurna Himalaya Mountain range on this adventurous and incredible journey. Tilicho Lake and Semi Circuit Trekking is an adventure where all types of travelers can join in, as walk begins from low elevation around sub-tropical temperatures then heading higher slowly towards cooler alpine climate to reach arctic zone of ice and glaciers at Manang Valley.
One of most dramatic country of great bio-diversity probably,the only trek where trekkers have the opportunity to observe and experience varied cultures, climate, landscape in close harmony of high snow-capped peaks.
We have set this marvelous adventure to Tilicho Lake with semi Annapurna circuit to allow people to enjoy within little more of two week holiday duration where trekkers can marvel magnificent scenery all along the walk from the start to an end of this wonderful journey.
Tilicho Lake actually as per original native pronunciation of Tibet origin language is Tili-Tsho, regarded as sacred lake which is described in ancient Hindu epic Ramayana.It is certainly a marvelous and picturesque spot in all Himalaya and probably one of the highest lakes on this planet at the height of 4, 919 m / 16, 138 ft surrounded by range of peaks.
On this adventure ,trekkers can marvel grand panorama of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8, 167 m), Mt. Annapurna- I (8, 091 m) Mt. Manaslu (8,163 m), Mt. Annapurna II (7,937 m.), Mt. Annapurna III (7, 555 m), Mt. Annapurna IV (7,525 m), Mt. Annapurna South (7, 219 m), Mt. Nilgiri (7,041 m), Mt. Hiunchuli (6, 441 m), Mt. Lamjung Himal (6, 986 m), Tukuche peak (6, 920 m), Tilicho peak (7, 134 m).
Tilicho Lake and Semi Annapurna Circuit takes you around scenic Manang valley where one can explore nice cultural villages and monasteries of great interest bounded by strong Buddhist religion.
For few days,walk diverts from main popular Annapurna circuit route to reach our highlight at Tilicho Lake, enjoying time here and back on the main trail to cross over highest spot,Thorang-la pass at 5,416 m to reach the end of the walk at holy Muktinath and large town at Jomsom.
After crossing the high pass from Manang entering into another wonderful country around Mustang district where short and scenic flight takes you to most beautiful city in Pokhara, blessed with natural wonder of high mountains and lakes.
Pokhara, a marvelous place to complete our most exciting and adventurous trip,Tilicho Lake and Semi Annapurna Circuit Trekking where one can enjoy after a great memorable adventure on high hills and valleys of Annapurna Himalaya.
Short Outline Itinerary:
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Drive to Jagat 1,260 m via Besisar 820 m -07 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Dharapani 1,943 m - 06 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Chame 2,720 m - 05 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Pisang 3,190 m - 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Manang 3,540 m- 04 hrs.
Day 08: Acclimatization day at Manang short hikes and leisure excursion.
Day 09: Trek to Khangsar 3,734 m - 04 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Tilicho Base Camp 4,150 m-05 hrs.
Day 11: At Tilicho base for hike to Tilicho Lake 4,919 m-06 hrs both ways.
Day 12: Trek to Shri-Kharka 3,640 m - 04 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,110 m - 06 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Thorang- La High Camp at 4,450 m - 04 hrs.
Day 15: Cross Thorang La 5,416 m and trek to Muktinath 3,800 m -06 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Jomsom 2,715 m around Kaligandaki valley - 04 hrs.
Day 17: Fly to Pokhara 860 m from Jomsom-22 min and transfer to hotel.
Day 18: Fly or drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 19: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Best Seasons for Tilicho and Semi Annapurna Circuit Trekking
March to May and from mid-September till December months is best time in spring season. From March to May, days are fine and clear for views and walks, with longer sunlight hours but cold in the morning and night time above 1,600 m onward with chances of snow sometimes.
Another good months from mid-September to December around autumn / fall and pre-winter seasons with clear fine morning and day for excellent views of peaks and pleasant trek.
But,the days are short and sun-light hours due to autumn and pre winter season can snow sometimes on higher area above 2,500 m.
People and Culture
Tilicho Lake and Semi Annapurna Circuit Trekking within whole Annapurna range as well around Manang and Mustang areas witness various hill tribes, low warm area of mix tribes Gurung-Magar with Hindu Bhramins, Chettris and Dalits with fascinating traditional farm life and culture.
Higher hills dominated by Manang tribes of Tibetan origin with interesting culture of Buddhism religion,you can notice along the walks with religious monuments of stupa and series of prayer wheels and stone slate walks, mid-hill and lower region villages practice both Hindu and Buddhism religion of various interesting culture and custom.
Other main tribes are Magar, Gurung and Thakali hill people of Annapurna and Kaligandaki valley region where one can witness various exciting cultures of both Hindu and Buddhism religion.
After Manang,you will see dominated by Mustang tribe and Thakali people interwoven with Buddhism religion and exciting colorful culture at Muktinath till Jomsom especially on this trek.
Trip Extension in Pokhara
While in Pokhara with more time can extend for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, boating, Ultra-light flight, Para-gliding and Zip Flyer or just relax and enjoy at leisure with views of Annapurna Himalaya.
Main Highlight of the treks:
- Grand scenery on daily walks with constant views of high snow-capped peaks,
- Dramatic change of landscapes, temperatures, people and vegetation on treks,
- Enjoy cultural villages of both Hindu, Buddhism religions and impressive customs,
- Awesome views and panorama of Annapurna-Chulu’s with Damodar Himal range,
- Magnificent landscapes and enchanting scenery around Manang and Tilicho Lake,
- Cross high Thorang-La pass facing glorious scenery of Manang, Mustang areas
- No. of Days :
- 19 D
- No. of Nights :
- 18 N
- Min Age :
- 16 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 70 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 3 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- Through out the year
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- check_circle_outline Private vehicle or in tourist coach-bus overland to Pokhara and back the same way to Kathmandu, includes local transportation to start the trek and at end of trek.
- check_circle_outline Applicable Trekking Information Management Systems permits (TIMS) with National Park Entry permits also includes ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project) Fees.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- highlight_off Early return from the tour or treks will not be entertainment with refund, where client should borne all the expenses incurred including accompany guide-porters services.
- highlight_off For domestic flight if not included on itinerary to and from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu at extra cost.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Emergency evacuation by any means of transportations including immediate Helicopter services if required on accidents, sickness and personal problems.
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.
- highlight_off International air-fare, Personal medical / travel insurance and Nepal visa fees.