Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking
'explore scenic country and ancient culture of Tamang hill tribes on this exclusive journey’
Best Seasons for Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking:
Nearly all months of the year except wet monsoon times from mid-June to mid-September, best months is from March to May, where most of the days are fine and clear for views and walks, with longer sunlight hours but cold in the morning and night time above 1,800 m onward.
Walks will be lovely with wild flowers in full bloom, especially the rhododendron of different species from tall trees to bushes with magnolia during spring season.Late afternoon can get overcast with snow and rain on higher hills sometime. The next good times is from mid-September to December around autumn / fall and pre-winter seasons with crystal clear fine morning and day for excellent views of peaks and pleasant trek with bright starry nights .
Around autumn onward till spring seasons where days are much shorter with sun-light hours due to autumn and pre- winter season, expect snow on trails sometimes on higher areas of Langtang Himal.
People and Culture:
Tamang Heritage Trail and around Langtang Himal within Central Himalaya region is mostly populated by Tamang people the hill tribes of Langtang and Mid-East Himalaya, interwoven with strong Buddhism religion and culture of Tibetan origin, interesting ancient custom which you can notice on walks with religious monuments of Stupa and series of prayer wheels and stone slate walls.
Tamang people also practice ancient religion of Bon (a pre Buddhism sect) along with present Buddhism that makes this trek more special to soak into amazing colorful culture and custom of ancient heritage.
Besides,incredible views of high mountains and landscapes, the trekkers will have great opportunity to witness Tamang villages and monasteries with traditional farm life visiting impressive areas of great interest.
Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking is an exclusive journey of a week duration around high hills and valley within high Himalayan peaks of Ganesh and Langtang Himal and close to the border of Nepal and Tibet / China.Tamang Heritage Trail trekking is a combination of adventure, scenic walks in the harmony of local immense cultures of Tamang people the hill and mountain tribes of Central Himalaya that covers from Manaslu, Ganesh, and Langtang to Jugal Himal.Tamang,one of the ancient tribe settled within high hills of Nepal Himalaya since early as 5,000 years back, where history shows tracing the people that migrated from Inner Mongolia and then Tibet to reach Nepal.
Bringing with them ancient cultures of Bon worship nature of five major elements, sky, water, fire, vegetation and soil / earth. As time went by adopted Buddhism religion as well with old Bon custom.
A wonderful walk takes you from one interesting villages to another as well near to the border village of Timure which falls on route the frontier of Nepal and Tibet / China which is an old Trans Himalaya Salt Trade Route which is still active to this day. Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking begins from the capital Kathmandu taking an overland journey towards high hills of Rasuwa district within Central Himalaya and Langtang region, around Tamang country, as walk takes you to lovely places with ever present views of high snow mountain range.Enjoying walks and exploring nice Tamang villages taking part in their traditional farm life as well get immersed with Tamang folk music and dance of great merriments. Tamang people are famously known for their wonderful music and songs.
Visit exciting villages of Gatlang, Tatopani,a place with natural hot spring to enjoy and walk up to Nagathali Hill top on the highest point of the adventure facing spectacular views of Manaslu, Ganesh with Langtang Himal as well peaks of Tibet.
Slowly our wonderful walk comes to an end as route takes you into beautiful woodland lined with tall rhododendron, pines and fir trees.As trek reaches on the road-head at Syabrubesi,the starting and finishing village of the journey.
An interesting and scenic drive takes you back into hustle and bustle civilization city life of Kathmandu, after a marvelous experience and adventure on Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking.
Short Outline Itinerary:
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,470 m via Dhunche town 1,950 - 06 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Gatlang village 2,238 m - 05 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Tatopani 2,607 m - 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Thuman 2,338 m via Nagthali Hill 3,154 m - 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Timure 1,762 m - 05 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Bridim 2,229 m - 05 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Syabrubesi-06 hrs.
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 11: Spare day in Kathmandu for individual activities and tours.
Day 12: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Trip Extension in Kathmandu:
While in Kathmandu with more time,you can extend for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, Para-gliding or just relax and enjoy with individual activities or with sightseeing tour around world heritage sites.
Main Highlight of the treks:
- In the land of ancient culture explore around age-old villages of heritage interest
- Scenic, cultural walks on old Trans Himalaya Salt Trade and Caravan Route of Nepal / Tibet
- Amazing scenery of beautiful landscapes with mountain views on daily pleasant scenic walks
- Explore interesting farm villages adorned with lovely age-old cultures of ancient heritage
- Walk into enchanting forest of tall rhododendron, magnolia, blue pines and fir tree lines
- No. of Days :
- 12 D
- No. of Nights :
- 11 N
- Min Age :
- 18 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 70 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 3 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- mid-June to mid-September, March to May
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- check_circle_outline Applicable Trekking Information Management Systems permits (TIMS) with National Park Entry permits also includes National Park Fees or Conservation entry permits.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- check_circle_outline Private vehicle or in local coach-bus overland to starting point of the trek and back the same way to Kathmandu.
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off Early return from the tour or treks will not be entertainment with refund, where client should borne all the expenses incurred including accompany guide-porters services.
- highlight_off Emergency evacuation by any means of transportations including immediate Helicopter services if required on accidents, sickness and personal problems.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.
- highlight_off International air-fare, Personal medical / travel insurance and Nepal visa fees.