Mardi Himal Base Camp Trekking
‘adventure on high scenic ridge and within close range of Annapurna Himalaya’
Trek at Glance
- Mode of accommodation: Hotels in Kathmandu-Pokhara with local nice lodge on treks.
- Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous Walks.
- Area of Trekking: North Mid-West around Annapurna Himalaya
- Highest elevation gain: At Mardi Himal Base Camp 4,490 m / 14,817 ft
- Daily Walks: Minimum 4 hrs to maximum of 6 hrs.
- Trekking duration: 07 Nights and 08 Days (Pokhara to Pokhara)
- Total Trip: 12 Nights and 13 Days (arrival to final departure)
Mardi Himal Base Camp Trekking takes you on a high scenic ridge within the massive mountain range of Annapurna Himalaya and beneath towering South Face of Machhapuchare Himal the ‘Fish-Tail’ one of the few unclimbed virgin peak of Nepal Himalaya.
Mardi Himal is a lesser mountain and trekking peaks of Nepal stands at the height of 5,587 m and 18, 325 ft high which is seldom visited for the climb, but more or less trekking slowly gaining popularity to Mardi Himal base camp at the height of 4,490 m rewards you with boundless views of mighty Annapurna Himalaya range with other east and west mountains.
Mardi Himal Base Camp Trekking is an enjoyable short adventure of within a week time frame where walk takes you beyond main villages and away from main trekking trails within sheer wilderness of enchanting woodland.
The forested area of tall rhododendron, pines, magnolia and fir tree lines makes great walks till green vegetation fades for smaller bushes on reaching higher elevation at High Camp and at base camp of Mardi Himal.
Mardi Himal base camp trekking begins from magnificent Pokhara, a renowned touristic city of Nepal as well within all Himalaya and probably in this planet earth, where one could find low sub-tropical country on this world and yet close to snow capped mountain range at mere aerial distance of 40 k.m due north.
From Pokhara,short drive takes you to start the walk with climb to reach large village of Dhampus,a place on a high ridge facing super panorama of Annapurna–Manaslu with Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchare and Mardi Himal peaks.After Dhampus on high trail beyond main villages entering into remote isolated corners of Annapurna Himalaya to reach at beautiful high spot at Mardi Himal base camp surrounded with array of snow capped mountain range.The area of Mardi Himal is separated from Mt. Machhapuchare ridge by a col, rises above a hidden plateau. Mardi Himal base camp is also known as 'Other Sanctuary'.
Enjoy fabulous moments along with excellent views of unique landscapes and high peaks with return journey back to Pokhara on alternative scenic route downhill to farm village at Siding near Mardi River where drive ends the walk on reaching at scenic Pokhara.
At Pokhara,enjoy leisure time around Nepal Mid-West before heading back to hustle and bustle city life in Kathmandu after a mesmerizing adventure and experience on Mardi Himal Base Camp Trekking.
Short Outline Itinerary:
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Drive / Fly to Pokhara 860 m and transfer to hotel - 06 hrs journey.
Day 04: Drive to Phedi (trek point) with 3 hrs walk to Dhampus 1,540 m.
Day 05: Trek to Kokar Forest camp 2,520 m via Pitam Deurali 2,100m-06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Low Camp 2,970 m - 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to High Camp 3,700 m - 05 hrs.
Day 08: At High Camp for hike to Mardi Himal base camp at 4,490 m.
Day 09: Trek to Low Camp on same route for 05 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Siding village 1,750 m-05 hrs.
Day 11: Short walk and drive back to Pokhara with afternoon free.
Day 11: Trek to road head and drive to Pokhara-04 hrs.
Day 12: Fly or drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 13: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Extension in Pokhara:
While in Pokhara with more time,one can extend for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, boating, Ultra-light flight, Paragliding and Zip Flyer or just relax and enjoy at leisure with views of Annapurna Himalaya.
Best Seasons for Mardi Himal Base Camp Trekking:
Best time in spring season is from March to May when days are fine and clear for views and walks, with longer sunlight hours but cold in the morning and night time above 1,600 m onward.
Late afternoon can get overcast with snow and rain on higher hills sometimes, next good season is during autumn / fall from mid September to November when days are clear with fine morning throughout most of the day with excellent views of peaks as well for pleasant scenic walks.
Autumn season days are much shorter sun-light hours can get snowed sometimes on higher areas from Deurali onward to Mardi Himal base camp.
People and Culture:
Mardi Himal and around Annapurna region can witness various hill tribes, from low warm areas with mix tribes of Gurung-Magar with Hindu Bhramins, Chettris and Dalits with fascinating traditional farm life and cultures.
Higher hills on this trek is populated by Gurung which is the main hill tribe of Annapurna Himalaya where visitors can witness Gurung culture around Dhampus, Potana and Siding villages interwoven with Buddhism religion, also practices ancient Bon a pre-Buddhist sect worshiping nature spirits and earth main five elements.
Main Highlight of the treks
- Beautiful scenery of massive Annapurna Mountains from start to end of treks,
- Walk into dramatic landscapes facing glorious views of green hills and white peaks,
- Fascinating walks on daily treks within enchanting rhododendron and pine forest,
- On least ventured trekking route to high and magnificent Mardi Himal base camps within close beneath towering stunning Machhapuchare Himal ‘Fish Tail’ peak”
- No. of Days :
- 13 D
- No. of Nights :
- 12 N
- Min Age :
- 16 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 70 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 3 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- Through out the year
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline Applicable Trekking Information Management Systems permits (TIMS) with National Park Entry permits also includes ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project) Fees.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- check_circle_outline Private vehicle or in tourist coach-bus overland to Pokhara and back the same way to Kathmandu, includes local transportation to start the trek and at end of trek.
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- highlight_off Early return from the tour or treks will not be entertainment with refund, where client should borne all the expenses incurred including accompany guide-porters services.
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off Emergency evacuation by any means of transportations including immediate Helicopter services if required on accidents, sickness and personal problems.
- highlight_off For domestic flight if not included on itinerary to and from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu at extra cost.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.
- highlight_off International air-fare, Personal medical / travel insurance and Nepal visa fees.