Langtang Valley - Holy Gosaikunda Valley
‘enjoy great adventure on both beautiful areas of Langtang Himalaya range’
Trek at Glance:
Mode of accommodation: Hotels in Kathmandu- local nice lodge on treks.
Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
Area of Trekking: North Central Himalaya within Langtang Himal region.
Highest elevation gain: Crossing Gosainkund pass / Laurabina-La at 4,610 m.
Daily Walks: Minimum 4 hrs to maximum of 7 hrs.
Trekking duration: 12 Nights and 13 Days (with drives both ways)
Total Trip: 16 Nights and 17 Days (arrival to final departure)
Best Seasons for Langtang valley and Holy Gosainkund Trekking:
Nearly all months of the year except wet monsoon times from mid-June to mid-September, best months is from March to May, where most of the days are fine and clear for views and walks, with longer sunlight hours but cold in the morning and night time above 1,800 m onward.
Walks will be lovely with wild flowers in full bloom, especially the rhododendron of different species from tall trees to bushes with magnolia during spring season.Late afternoon can get overcast with snow and rain on higher hills sometimes.Next good times from mid-September to December around autumn / fall and pre-winter seasons with crystal clear fine morning and day for excellent views of peaks and pleasant trek with bright starry nights .
Around autumn onward till spring seasons, the days are much shorter with sun-light hours due to autumn and pre winter season, expect snow on trails sometimes on higher areas within Langtang Himal and Gosainkund, especially crossing over the pass.
People and Culture:
Langtang Valley and Holy Gosainkund within Central Himalaya region mostly populated by Tamang people the hill tribes with some Hyalmo and Sherpa, interwoven with strong Buddhism religion and culture of Tibetan origin, interesting ancient custom which you can notice on walks with religious monuments of Stupa and series of prayer wheels and stone slate walls.
Besides incredible views of high mountains and landscapes, where trekkers will have great opportunity to witness Tamang villages of fascinating cultures and traditional farm life visiting impressive areas of great interest.
Langtang Valley and Holy Gosainkund Trekking, takes you to the nearest adventure destination from the capital Kathmandu, which is at mere 32 km as crow fly towards North within Central Himalaya around Langtang mountain range, and close to the border of Tibet / China.
Langtang Valley and Holy Gosainkund Trekking, a marvelous adventure and combination of both scenic and beautiful region of Langtang Himal where treks leads you from North-West to towards Eastern rim of Langtang high ridges and back into Kathmandu valley crossing high Gosainkunda-la or Laurabina pass.
On this fabulous adventure,exciting drive involves both ways from the beginning and at the end of this trek, where walk takes you to enchanting and most beautiful places facing super scenery of high snow mountains throughout the treks.
Certainly,a great adventurous journey that takes you first around beautiful and most picturesque Langtang valley with overnights in Kyanjin to explore scenic areas and high hills of Langtang enclosed within spectacular views of Central Himalaya range of peaks with mountains across the border in Tibet.
Enjoying fabulous time and hike at wonderful Langtang valley, next part of the adventure takes you past nice Tamang villages adorned with interesting culture and custom of Buddhism religion, as route climbs higher to reach at holy Gosainkunda, a crystal clear glacial pond.
Gosainkunda is believed to be created by the mighty trident of Lord Shiva, one of most important god in Hindu religion, to save the world and made the ponds to quench and dilute from the poison that he consumed, where once a year great religious festivals held in the month of august around full moon time.
From Gosainkunda, we enjoy pleasant and lovely moments along with great panorama of high mountain range of Langtang, Jugal Himal with Ganesh and Manaslu as far towards Annapurna range cross high Gosainkund-la or East Laurabina pass to reach other sides of Langtang Himal range.After great climb and descend from the highest point of the adventure,walk takes you back into forest of rhododendron, juniper and pines and around typical hill farm villages,an enjoyable pleasant treks on scenic ridges with ups and down to reach at Chisapani hill top.
Chisapani is located on high ridge,a junction for various trek to Helambu, Gosainkunda, Nagarkot and to Kathmandu.The place offers incredible sun rise and sunset views over array of Himalayan peak.From Chisapani,walk head downhill to reach at Kathmandu valley eastern rim.
A short and interesting drive brings you back into busy,hustle city life of Kathmandu completing our fantastic adventure of great experience on Langtang Valley and Holy Gosainkunda Trekking.
Short Outline Itinerary:
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,470 m via Dhunche town 1,950 - 06 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,350 m - 06 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village 3, 307 m-06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin 3, 750 m- 04 hrs.
Day 07: Rest-Day for leisure scenic hike and short excursion.
Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,350 m - 06 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Upper / Thulo Syabru 2,115 m -05 hours.
Day 10: Trek to Sing Gompa / Chandanbari 3,255 m - 05 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Gosainkund 4,381 m / 14,375 ft - 05 hrs.
Day 12: To Ghopte Odar 3,565 m via Gosainkund / Laurabina-La 4,610 m- 07 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Kutumsang 2,440 m - 06 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Chisapani 2,150 m via Gul Bhanjyang - 06 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Sundarijal -03 hrs with an hour drive to Kathmandu.
Day 16: Spare day in Kathmandu for individual activities and tours.
Day 17: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Trip Extension in Kathmandu:
While in Kathmandu with more time,you can extend for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, Para-gliding or just relax and enjoy with individual activities or with sightseeing tour around world heritage sites.
Main Highlight of the treks:
- “Trek around both beautiful and scenic region of massive Langtang Himalaya range
- Within wonderful Langtang Valley enclosed by arrays of Central and Langtang mountains
- Fascinating walks into the serene lovely forest covered in tall rhododendron, pine and fir trees
- Explore traditional and impressive farm villages of great Buddhism cultural interest
- Adventure towards high and magnificent holy glacial pond of Gosainkund with amazing sceneryCross Gosainkund pass and Laurabina-la from North West to Eastern side of Langtang range”
- No. of Days :
- 17 D
- No. of Nights :
- 16 N
- Min Age :
- 18 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 70 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 3 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- mid-June to mid-September, best months is from March to May
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline Applicable Trekking Information Management Systems permits (TIMS) with National Park Entry permits also includes National Park Fees or Conservation entry permits.
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- check_circle_outline Special entry permits for Tsum and Manaslu Trekking only.
- check_circle_outline Private vehicle or in local coach-bus overland to starting point of the trek and back the same way to Kathmandu.
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- highlight_off Early return from the tour or treks will not be entertainment with refund, where client should borne all the expenses incurred including accompany guide-porters services.
- highlight_off Emergency evacuation by any means of transportations including immediate Helicopter services if required on accidents, sickness and personal problems.
- highlight_off international air-fare,personal medical/travel insurance and nepal visa fees
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.