Gokyo Valley Trekking
‘enjoy wonderful adventure around scenic emerald glacial lakes within beautiful Gokyo valley’
Trek at a Glance:
Mode of accommodation: Hotels in Kathmandu- local nice lodge on treks.
Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
Area of Trekking: North Mid-East around Khumbu, Everest region.
Highest elevation gain: On top Gokyo-Ri 5,357 m high.
Daily Walks: Minimum 4 hrs to a maximum of 6 hrs.
Trekking duration: 10 Nights and 11 Days (with flight both ways)
Total Trip: 14 Nights and 15 Days (arrival to final departure)
Best Seasons for Gokyo Valley Trekking:
The best times are from March to May, where most of the days are fine and clear for views and walks, with longer sunlight hours but cold in the morning and night time above 3,000 m onward.
Late afternoon can get overcast with snow and rain on higher hills sometimes, next to good times is from mid-September to early December around autumn/fall and pre-winter seasons with crystal clear fine day for excellent views of peaks and pleasant trek with bright starry nights.
From October to December onward, days are much shorter with sun-light hours due to autumn and pre-winter season, expect snow on trails sometimes on higher areas of Khumbu valley.
People and Culture:
Everest and whole of Khumbu region populated by Sherpa people famously known as Highlanders of Himalaya and Everest, interwoven with strong Buddhist religion and culture of Tibetan origin with an interesting ancient custom which you can notice along the walks with religious monuments of stupa and series of prayer wheels and stone slate walls.
Besides incredible views of high mountains and landscapes, trekkers will have a great opportunity to witness Sherpa fascinating cultures and traditional farm life and visiting impressive monasteries of great interest.
Gokyo Valley Trekking is a moderate to adventurous walks due to touch of high altitude but our itinerary is designed to offer the best enjoyable time on these lovely walks in the harmony of local immense Sherpa culture and superb views of high snow mountains.
The adventure takes you on high and scenic Gokyo Valley, at one time a large summer pasture for yaks and other animals where you can still witness yaks and domestic cattle grazing around meadows.
On this wonderful trek, trekkers can have the opportunity to catch views of world four highest peaks at one single look from the highest hilltop of the adventure overlooking from Gokyo-Ri at above 5,357 m facing Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu with Mt. Makalu in the east direction with an array of peaks.
Truly a mesmerizing journey on one of the best picturesque countries around Himalaya destinations, besides amazing scenery of mountains and beautiful landscapes walking into nice traditional Sherpa villages is equally exciting.
The walk starts with a scenic panoramic flight to land at a busy town in Lukla, where the airport named after late Tenzing and Hillary the first conquer of Mt. Everest, as trek progress heading towards high Namche Bazaar, the capital of Khumbu Sherpa.
At Namche, with pleasant stay enjoying rest day and scenic hike around, is an interesting place where once a week on Saturday colorful and busy market takes place a great bazaar to observe the native in their colorful custom.
From Namche Bazaar, our route diverts from the main trail heading towards straight north to reach our destination at Gokyo valley, as the walk takes you much higher within a cool shade of alpine woods with tremendous views of mountains, then slowly green vegetation fades as walk reaches spectacular Gokyo.
At Gokyo valley with ample time to enjoy the hike and climb to Gokyo-Ri for an awesome panorama of world tallest peaks and Gokyo valley with its calm glacial lakes. From Gokyo, after a great experience enjoying marvelous scenery, head back to Lukla last overnight around the Everest region.
Next early morning,board in a smaller aircraft for short sweeping flight to land at Kathmandu after a most remarkable adventure on Gokyo Valley Trekking.
Short Outline Itinerary:
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m, trek to Phakding 2,652 m - 04 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3, 440 m - 06 hrs.
Day 05: Rest Day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 06: Trek to Dole 4,100 m - 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Machhermo 4,470 m - 04 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo Lake 4,800 m - 04 hrs.
Day 09: At Gokyo climb of Gokyo-Ri with afternoon free to enjoy walk and views.
Day 10: Trek to Dole - 06 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar - 06 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Lukla -06 hrs walks.
Day 13: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 14: Spare and contingency day in Kathmandu.
Day 15: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Trip Extension in Kathmandu:
While in Kathmandu, with more time can extend for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, Paragliding or just relax and enjoy with individual activities or with a sightseeing tour around world heritage sites.
Important Information flying to Lukla and back to Kathmandu:
At present most flight to Lukla and back operates from Manthali a small town with an airstrip located in the district of Ramechhap;Kathmandu domestic airport been changed by Nepal Government Civil Aviation Authority.
The changes started from April and October 2019 onward, flights to Lukla resumes from Manthali town airport which is the main headquarter of Ramechhap district Province No: 03 of Nepal.
The drive from Kathmandu to reach Manthali airstrip takes approx.: 5 hrs. which is about 154 k.m. approx. 500 miles distance from the capital Kathmandu. The drive takes you on B.P. Highway (a newly built tarmac road).
Main Highlight of the treks
“Adventure on wonderful valley around high and scenic Khumbu at magnificent Gokyo valley,
Panorama of world highest mountain range with stunning sunrise views from Gokyo-Ri hill top,
Grand views of high Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu and Makalu with longest Ngozumba glacier,
Marvelous walk visiting Sherpa villages of great cultural interest in the shade of high peaks”
- No. of Days :
- 15 D
- No. of Nights :
- 14 N
- Min Age :
- 16 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 100 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 3 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- Through out the year
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- check_circle_outline Applicable Trekking Information Management Systems permits (TIMS) with National Park Entry permits also includes National Park Fees or Conservation entry permits.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- check_circle_outline Domestic air flights Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen. For Jiri Classic Everest overland drive to reach at the start of treks private or in local bus, as per group size with flight out of Lukla to Kathmandu.
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- highlight_off Emergency evacuation by any means of transportations including immediate Helicopter services if required on accidents, sickness and personal problems.
- highlight_off Early return from the tour or treks will not be entertainment with refund, where client should borne all the expenses incurred including accompany guide-porters services.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.
- highlight_off International air-fare, Personal medical / travel insurance and Nepal visa fees.