Around Dhaulagiri Trekking
"adventurous and exciting treks around world 7th highest mountain range"
Best Seasons for Around Dhaulagiri Trekking
Around Dhaulagiri,best time is from April and May during spring times when days are much longer with sunlight hours and quite warmer during the day, but cold in the morning and night times with chances of snow sometimes.
September to early December is much clear day for views and walks but shorter day with sunlight hours due to autumn season freezing temperatures during morning and night time, can expect snow on treks sometimes around higher elevation.
People and Culture:
On this trek,adventure leads you beyond villages into complete wilderness away from human settlements.However,on drive to Pokhara and towards western part of Nepal ,one can find more hill tribe populated with Magar tribe practicing much Hindu religion and culture with some few worship Buddhism also, from Pokhara onwards at Beni to Bagar dominated by Magar people.
At the end of the trek reaching within Kaligandaki River valley around Marpha and Jomsom, you will witness more of Thakali people interwoven with Buddhism religion and cultures a flourishing tribe, who has been on trade with Tibet since ancient times on this historical Trans Himalaya Salt Trade and caravan route of Nepal to Tibet.
Dhaulagiri trekking is an adventurous as well a demanding walks that takes you on a scenic circuit within massive Dhaulagiri mountain range, the main peaks of Dhaulagiri stands as world 7th highest at 8,167 m and 26, 795 ft, first ascended in May 13th 1960 by joint French and Swiss Expeditions with Nepalese climbers.
Around Dhaulagiri trekking, one of few challenging and high altitude adventure where all strong trekkers with good physical fitness can join on this remarkable journey covering all from South, North, East and West Face of Mt. Dhaulagiri and its adjoining peaks.A great and true adventure for trekkers in quest of remote and isolated wilderness as this trek offers total tranquil environment walking with great dramatic changes in landscapes, and temperatures from low warm farms towards green dense forest and into remorseless fields of ice and glaciers.
Certainly,a great place with varied bio-diversity to explore within less than two weeks duration, an adventure where route leads you right beneath towering Mt. Dhaulagiri at base camp within arctic zone of ice and snow.As walk progress crossing the highest point of the adventure over French Pass to reach remote Hidden Valley enclosed within array of high snow-capped peaks where one can enjoy stunning panorama of Western Himalaya.Dhaulagiri Trekking starts from Kathmandu taking an exciting overland journey towards beautiful city at Pokhara, blessed with magnificent scenery of Annapurna and Machhapuchare Himal that reflects on its calm Fewa and Begnas Lakes.
From scenic Pokhara,drive takes you further west into low warm farm areas at Beni and beyond where our adventurous walk begins following the raging Myagdi River upstream right up to its glacial source at Dhaulagiri base camp.A wonderful walk from sub-tropical farm fields and rural villages then heading into cooler alpine woodland of tall rhododendron, magnolia, oaks, firs and blue pines trees with bamboos.As adventure continues deeper into forest than reaching at glacial valley on the southern flank of Dhaulagiri, where green vegetation and tree lines drops for ice, moraine and glaciers then heading towards Dhaulagiri base camp crisscrossing over huge block of ice and glacial ponds to reach at base camp.
Camping right beneath towering North-West Face of Mt. Dhaulagiri-I with Tukuche peak at close distance, spending time at base camp where adventure leads to cross over French Pass towards wide green Yak grazing pasture at Hidden Valley.From Hidden Valley climb takes you to another scenic high pass of Thapa / Dhampus facing breathtaking panorama of Dhaulagiri with Annapurna range of peaks then on downhill back into green forest to reach human settlement at charming Marpha village.
At lovely Marpha,our adventurous treks comes to completes.This village is one of most attractive with white washed houses and narrow stone paved lanes, which is also known as apple pie trail, as the area around Marpha and lower Mustang famous for delicious apples.After Marpha,a short trip to Jomsom,the headquarter town of Mustang district whereas sweeping flight takes you to scenic Pokhara where our overwhelming adventure of great grand experience Around Dhaulagiri Trekking concludes.
On this adventure where trekkers can enjoy great panorama on walks as well on short flight facing Mt. Dhaulagiri (8, 167 m), Mustang Himal with Mt. Annapurna- I (8, 09 m) Mt. Manaslu (8,163 m), Mt. Annapurna II (7,937 m.), Mt. Annapurna III (7, 555 m), Mt. Annapurna IV (7,525 m), Mt. Annapurna South (7, 219 m), Mt. Nilgiri (7,041 m), Mt. Hiunchuli (6, 441 m), Mt. Lamjung Himal (6, 986 m), Tukuche peak (6, 920 m), to Tilicho peak (7, 134 m).
Short Outline Itinerary:
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Drive or fly to Pokhara 860 m -220 k.m. - 06 hrs / 30 min via air.
Day 04: Drive to Darbang 1,200 m via Beni 900 m -05 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Riverside 1,700 m - 04 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Bagar 2, 375 m - 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Dovan 2, 600 m- 06 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Chartare / Bhaisi Kharka 3, 000 m-05 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Pakhaban (Japanese Camp.) 3, 750 m - 05 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp 4, 750 m - 06 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Hidden Valley 4,900 m via high French Pass 5, 360 m - 05 hrs.
Day 12: At Hidden Valley spare and free day for local hike and exploration.
Day 13: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,915 m vial Dhampus / Thapa Pass - 05 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Marpha 2,670 m for overnight stop – 05 hrs.
Day 15: Morning drive to Jomsom 2,715 m and fly to Pokhara 860 m.
Day 16: Fly or drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 17: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Trip Extension in Pokhara:
People with more time in Nepal,you can enjoy staying in Pokhara for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, boating, Ultra-light flight, Para-gliding and Zip Flyer or just relax and enjoy at leisure with views of Annapurna Himalaya.
Main Highlight of the treks:
- At world 7th highest Mt. Dhaulagiri base camp within massive Ice Fall and glacier
- Adventure into pure wilderness within towering high Dhaulagiri mountain range
- Walk from warm paddy field to cooler alpine hills and at arctic zone of ice, glacier
- Enjoy views of world three highest mountains Dhaulagiri, Annapurna and Manaslu
- Off the beaten tracks away from villages for a week within complete tranquility
- From green alpine coniferous woodland to remorseless fields of ice and snow
- Cross high French Pass to scenic hidden valley towards lively areas of Mustang
Trek at Glance:
Mode of accommodation: Hotels in Kathmandu-Pokhara with local nice lodge on treks includes tented camping.
Trekking Grade: Moderate, Adventurous and Challenging in snow condition.
Area of Trekking: Far North West within Dhaulagiri Himalaya range.
Highest elevation gain: Over French pass at 5,360 m high.
Daily Walks: Minimum 4 hrs to maximum 6 hrs.
Trekking duration: 11 Nights and 12 Days (with drive and flight both ways from Pokhara to Pokhara)
Total Trip: 16 Nights and 17 Days (arrival to final departure)
- No. of Days :
- 17 D
- No. of Nights :
- 16 N
- Min Age :
- 18 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 70 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 3 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- April and May during spring times
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- check_circle_outline Private vehicle or in tourist coach-bus overland to Pokhara and back the same way to Kathmandu, includes local transportation to start the trek and at end of trek.
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- highlight_off International air-fare, Personal medical / travel insurance and Nepal visa fees.
- highlight_off Early return from the tour or treks will not be entertainment with refund, where client should borne all the expenses incurred including accompany guide-porters services.
- highlight_off Emergency evacuation by any means of transportations including immediate Helicopter services if required on accidents, sickness and personal problems.
- highlight_off For domestic flight if not included on itinerary to and from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu at extra cost.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.