Annapurna Khopra Hill - Holy Khair Lake Trekking
‘enjoy dramatic scenery with close views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalaya’
Trek at Glance:
- Mode of accommodation: Hotels in Kathmandu-Pokhara with local nice lodge on treks.
- Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Area of Trekking: North Mid-West around Annapurna Himalaya
- Highest elevation gain: At Khopra Hill 4,018 m and Khair Lake 4,595 m.
- Daly Walks: Minimum 4 hrs to maximum of 6 hrs.
- Trekking duration: 08 Nights and 09 Days (Pokhara to Pokhara)
- Total Trip: 13 Nights and 14 Days (arrival to final departure)
Annapurna Khopra Hill and holy Khair Lake Trekking a special, exclusive adventure for interested people in search of pristine wilderness in short duration of time frame.
Annapurna Khopra Hill and holy Khair Lake Trekking is an enjoyable where walk takes you within close reach of world highest mountains facing constant views of other peaks of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalaya range.
A great journey that begins from the city of beautiful Pokhara valley heading towards on the base of Annapurna hills, where route of trek takes you on ancient Trans Himalaya Salt and Caravan Route of Nepal to Tibet that extends beyond Ghorepani towards far west around Upper Mustang.
Trek follow through nice farm village with views of beautiful waterfalls,then with climb to reach within enchanting woodland lined with tall rhododendron and pine tree lines.
The area around Ghorepani village regarded as world largest rhododendron garden which you can notice as walk takes you within lovely forest to Ghorepani village populated by Poon / Magar hill tribe of western Nepal.
Situated at the bottom of Poon Hill,a famous and scenic view top for stunning sunrise over array of mountain range of Mid to Far Western Himalaya where next morning climb takes you on top scenic,Poon Hill for exciting views of sunrise and mountain range.
After Ghorepani,end of main trekking trails, where our route diverts towards pure wilderness within far hidden corners of Annapurna hill and beyond human settlement to reach at high Khopra Hill.
Amazing country to experience at Khopra Hill facing closest views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range of peaks, at Khopra with spare day for scenic hike to holy lake of Khair, a long and rewarding walks to be on the highest spot of the adventure.
Khair Lake actually a glacial pond fed from the glaciers of Annapurna South and Vara-Shikar peaks also called Annapurna Fang, where great annual religious festival held once a year in the month of August on full moon time.
From Khair Lake,with exciting scenic walks completes walking downhill on alternative route to reach back into villages and on main trails of Annapurna route.
With marvelous time around remote hidden areas a great change to be back within farm village, special at large Gurung village in Ghandruk for last overnight stop on high hills of Annapurna with time to soak into local interesting culture.
From Ghandruk,last walk to end the adventurous trek with short drive to beautiful Pokhara city by its calm lake located on the lap of massive Annapurna Himalaya and green hills.
Pokhara, a lovely spot where our wonderful adventure conclude as well to enjoy other exciting activities, before heading back to Kathmandu with amazing memories and experience on Annapurna Khopra Hill and Holy Khair Lake Trekking.
Short Outline Itinerary:
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Drive / Fly to Pokhara,860 m and transfer to hotel - 06 hrs journey.
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tirkhedhunga1,445 m - 04 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani 2,880 m -06 hrs.
Day 06: Hike to Poon Hill 3,210 m and trek to Sauta village 2,235m-06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Sistebung 3,245 m - 04 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Khopra Hill 4,018 m - 04 hrs.
Day 09: At Kopra rest day for day hike to holy Khair Lake 4,595 m - 06 hrs
Day 10: Trek to Dobato at 3, 390 m - 05 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Ghandruk Village 1,930 m via Tadapani 2,630 m -05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to road-head and drive to Pokhara - 04 hrs.
Day 13: Fly or drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 14: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Trip Extension in Pokhara:
While in Pokhara with more time can extend for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, boating, Ultra-light flight, Para-gliding and Zip Flyer or just relax and enjoy at leisure with views of Annapurna Himalaya.
Best Seasons for Annapurna Khopra Hill and Holy Khair Lake Trekking:
March to May and September to November months of the year, best time in spring season from March to May when days are fine and clear for views and walks, with longer sunlight hours but cold in the morning and night time above 1,600 m onward.
Late afternoon can get overcast with snow and rain on higher hills sometimes, next good months from mid September to November around autumn / fall season with clear fine morning and day time with excellent views of peaks and pleasant trek.
Days are shorter with sun-light hours due to autumn season can snow sometimes on higher areas above Ghorepani-Poon Hill to Khopra Hill at above 2,500 m to 3,000 m high.
People and Culture:
Annapurna Khopra Hill and holy Lake Khair Trekking witness various hill tribes, around lower warm area of mix tribes Gurung-Magar with Hindu Bhramins, Chettris and Dalits with fascinating traditional farm life and cultures.
Higher hills dominated by Poon people of Magar tribes around Ulleri to Ghorepani villages practice both Hindu and Buddhism religion of various interesting culture and custom.
Other main tribes are Gurung,hill people of Annapurna region where one can witness Gurung culture from Tadapani and Ghandruk villages interwoven with Buddhism religion, also practice ancient Bon a pre Buddhist sect worshipping nature spirits and earth main five elements.
- Scenic walks with breathtaking panorama of world three highest mountain range
- Adventure on old Trans Himalaya Salt route of Nepal-Tibet at Ghorepani village,
- Enchanting woodland with world largest rhododendron garden of various species,
- Spectacular sunrise views from scenic Poon Hill over array of snow-capped peaks
- On off the beaten tracks away from mainstream trekking trails to high Khopra hill
- Enjoy fantastic close views of massive Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalaya range
- No. of Days :
- 14 D
- No. of Nights :
- 13 N
- Min Age :
- 18 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 70 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 3 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- March to May and September to November
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- check_circle_outline Applicable Trekking Information Management Systems permits (TIMS) with National Park Entry permits also includes ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project) Fees.
- check_circle_outline Private vehicle or in tourist coach-bus overland to Pokhara and back the same way to Kathmandu, includes local transportation to start the trek and at end of trek.
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.
- highlight_off International air-fare, Personal medical / travel insurance and Nepal visa fees.
- highlight_off Emergency evacuation by any means of transportations including immediate Helicopter services if required on accidents, sickness and personal problems.
- highlight_off For domestic flight if not included on itinerary to and from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu at extra cost.
- highlight_off Early return from the tour or treks will not be entertainment with refund, where client should borne all the expenses incurred including accompany guide-porters services.